Puppy Training West Oxfordshire
Puppies have an incredible capacity to learn and it is never too early for them to do so. Dogs are sociable animals and a key way that they learn is through the immediate results of their behaviour. Teaching a puppy focus, self control and how to communicate appropriately with the world around them through the use of positive dog training methods will help build trust and strengthen the puppy human bond. Some of the puppy training may take place around other puppies as appropriate (in line with your pup's vaccination status). Sessions include:
- A commitment to positive and kind methods of puppy training.
- Increasing your puppy self-control, engagement and confidence.
- Teaching a range of obedience prompts with consistent and timely positive reinforcement e.g. sit, wait, leave, come, off, heel & release.
- Assistance with training puppy ‘life skills’ e.g. calm meet and greet around people and other pups (as appropriate); toilet training; learning to enjoy short periods alone.
- Fun exercises to provide mental stimulation in addition to physical exercise.
- Enjoyable puppy training activities that help prevent the development of natural but undesirable puppy behaviour such as jumping up and guarding resources.
Individual puppy training sessions
Individual puppy training sessions are currently £35 an hour or £45 for ninety minutes with a nominal charge for travel over ten miles. Written training notes are provided after the session.
Puppy course - £192
Preferably at least one or two of these sessions will be within your puppy's most sensitive period of development (up to 12 weeks of age) to help maximize your pup's future confidence and adaptability (in line with veterinary advice and your pup's vaccination status). Socialisation, prompt training and learning through play are central. Other benefits include:
- Reward based puppy training tailored to your own and your puppy's needs and preferences.
- Training in 'real life' situations e.g. home (restrictions allowing), quiet town environments and more rural areas.
- Flexibility in the time, frequency and duration of training sessions to meet your own and your puppy's needs.
- A puppy preparation session (if required).
- Six hours of training instruction within a three month period with training notes provided.