Puppy Training West Oxfordshire
Puppies have an incredible capacity to learn and it is never too early for them to do so. Dogs are sociable animals and a key way that they learn is through the immediate results of their behaviour. Teaching a puppy focus, self control and how to communicate appropriately with the world around them through the use of positive dog training methods will help build trust and strengthen the puppy human bond. Some of the puppy training may take place around other puppies as appropriate (in line with your pup's vaccination status). Sessions include:
- A commitment to positive and kind methods of puppy training.
- Increasing your puppy self-control, engagement and confidence.
- Teaching a range of obedience prompts with consistent and timely positive reinforcement e.g. sit, wait, leave, come, off, heel & release.
- Assistance with training puppy ‘life skills’ e.g. calm meet and greet around people and other pups (as appropriate); toilet training; learning to enjoy short periods alone.
- Fun exercises to provide mental stimulation in addition to physical exercise.
- Enjoyable puppy training activities that help prevent the development of natural but undesirable puppy behaviour such as jumping up and guarding resources.
'NEW PUPPY' course - £192
The aim is to include some of the training within your puppy's most sensitive period of development (up to 12 weeks of age) to help maximize your pup's future confidence and adaptability (in line with veterinary advice and your pup's vaccination status). Socialisation, prompt training and learning through play are central. Other benefits include:
- Reward based puppy training tailored to your own and your puppy's needs and preferences.
- Training in 'real life' situations e.g. home (restrictions allowing), quiet town environments and more rural areas.
- Flexibility in the time, frequency and duration of training sessions to meet your own and your puppy's needs.
- A puppy preparation session (if required).
- Six hours of training instruction within a three month period with training notes provided.
Individual puppy training sessions - £45/hour
Individual puppy training sessions are currently £45/hour with a nominal charge for travel over ten miles. Subsequent dog training sessions are charged at £35/hour within 3 months (plus any nominal travel charge). Training notes are provided.
Puppy preparation sessions West Oxfordshire - £45/hour
Are you thinking of getting a puppy? Perhaps you are awaiting the arrival of your new pup? This is an exciting time with potential to give your dog a great start in life. A puppy preparation session can give you the chance to ask questions and can help in the following areas and more:
- Meeting the developmental and welfare needs of your new puppy.
- Learning about the importance of handling, grooming, puppy play and training.
- Establishing a good routine (e.g. toileting, exercise, diet), setting your pup up to succeed!
- Encouraging desirable dog behaviour with positive reinforcement (with tips for puppy/children households).
- How to respond appropriately to ‘normal’ puppy behaviour (e.g. learning bite inhibition).
- The crucial need for socialisation and habituation to maximise your pup’s potential.